The Core control solution is to be used with the Core blood glucose meter to test the meter and strips are working correctly. It is also a useful tool to help the user practice testing prior to testing on themselves.
To ensure the meter is working correctly, the control solution test should be performed in lots of different situations such as:
- If your results seem inconsistent
- Once a week to check the meter is working as normal
- When you begin a new vial of test strips
- If you drop or potentially damage the meter
- If the test strips have been exposed to extreme conditions
For more information on how to perform a control test, navigate to our user manual tab.