FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
What should I do if my result is positive?
Consult your doctor as they will be able to confirm this and discuss your next steps.
Could I still be pregnant if my result in negative?
In some instances it can be too early to detect a pregnancy. Wait a week or so longer and if your period still hasn't arrived, do another test.
What does the '?' result mean?
This comes up if the result is invalid. There are many reason this could show, for example;
- not enough / too much urine has come into contact with the device
- the test wasn't inserted correctly
- urine came into contact with the device itself
- the device wasn't held downwards
I did a test and it said I was pregnant but when I had a blood test it showed I wasn't pregnant. Why does this happen?
Because modern pregnancy tests are so sensitive they can produce false positives. It's advisable to wait until after the date of the expected period and then to follow through with a blood test. Here are some reasons as to why this might happen:
- it's detected a chemical pregnancy - when an embryo is unable to develop or implant very early on.
- it's detected an ectopic pregnancy - when the fertilized egg implants in the wrong part of the uterus
- recent miscarriage or abortion
- user error